Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Apparently bicoastal marriage is the new black

My husband just got a great job offer in Seattle (which by the way is 2400 miles from where we are now). So, we decided he should take it. Meanwhile, I'll hold it down here in Tejas until I find something - no need for us to go broke trying to fulfill some "I stay at home while my husband works" fantasy of mine. Funny thing, I did an internet search on bicoastal marriages and found that a lot of couples are finding marital success this way. Sure, most of them are movie stars and moguls. But, hey! If Naomi and Sting can do it...

I've started applying for positions already. Hopefully, I'll get something soon. In the meantime, I need to decide how to break this to my boss. Did I mention that I just got tens of thousands of dollars in grant money and spent a thousand of his grant dollars on a (work) trip to ATL? Could be tricky.

But, since I don't have any calls for interview, I'll just keep it to myself. No need in getting him all excited for nothing, right?

Now some people would be appalled that we'd choose to live separately. But, you know what? I have a Ph.D., dammit and I deserve to only leave my great job for a fabulous job. Our marriage is solid and I have the loving support of my hubby. I plan to enjoy my time of independence - I can only hope its brief. ;)

I'll keep ya posted...

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Seattle...nooooooooooooooooo! When am I ever going to make it up there? Going to Bagdad tomorrow to sight-see. I'll try to remember to take some pictures.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online