Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sriday

I, like many Americans, work very hard Monday through Friday from 8am – 5pm. I also play very hard on Saturday and Sunday – all day, and usually into the night/early the next morning. This is all fine and lovely. But what ends up happening is that Monday morning, I’m exhausted from the previous Monday – Friday work week in addition to all this running around I’m doing on the weekend. So, I have a proposition…

Let’s add a new day to the week. One in between Friday and Saturday. We can call it Sriday. No work, no play. Just relaxing. This would be the day that you spend organizing that box of old photos, returning phone calls/emails/texts from friends, cleaning out the refrigerator. Or all those other things that are not quite work, not quite play, and don’t quite fall under your normal household maintenance routine.

If the day after tomorrow was Sriday, I could sleep in, get a pedicure, watch a dvd, get my tires rotated. And that would free up at least enough time so that I could spend an extra hour at Pike Place Market on Saturday and perhaps be in bed by 9pm on Sunday. Wouldn’t that be grand.
If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be hard-pressed to find 2 hours to watch a dvd, I would have thought you were just saying that to scare me. Little did I know…

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Im down (sans the pedicure)

Karla said...

Oh, Helmey...come on, pedicures are for everyone! :)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online