Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another reason for me to hate the state of Mississippi

I have been to Mississippi once and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I've only been to Jackson, but I figure, if that's how it is in the state capitol then the rest of there is no hope for the rest of the state. My impression is that the place got stuck in 1953 or so and just never moved on. One of my favorite blogs summed up my feelings for MS well:

Surprise! Who knew Mississippi was still a state? We just assumed that after the Civil War and Trent Lott, America would just kind of let the lease run out.

Well, I read this little jewel in this month's issue of Essence Magazine:

George Lambus, a Black republican running for mayor of Jackson, Mississippi, says he's tough on crime - and thinks the best way to fight it is to bring back the hanging noose.


Go figure.

2 Comments:

DaVida Chanel said...

This week I met Civil War reenactors from Mississippi. By met I mean they looked at me like I was freaking stupid when I said hello and ignored my instruction when telling them where to park. Then I overheard several conversations ... let's just say intelligence was NOT a factor.

DaVida Chanel said...

And WTH (notice I used "H" instead of "F" in consideration of Baby K)!!! How a black man gonna say bring back a noose???? IDIOT

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online