Monday, June 1, 2009

Juggling Acts

Well, today is my first day back at work after my 6 weeks of maternity leave. And even though there are 350 unread emails in my inbox, plus a stack of mail that overran not only my box, but the unclaimed box next to it. The 8-5 world is SO much easier than the full-time mommy world. I can answer the phone when it rings, check my Gmail. Eat snacks. I had so much fun taking care of my Little Lady Bug full-time, but am so glad to be back in the world of adult conversations and professional attire.

I feel like I've been out of the country for the past month and a half. I haven't had much time to watch the news and reading the paper or cnn.com was completely out of the question. So, I'm having to get up to speed, not only with what I missed at work, but what I've missed in the world. Its overwhelming, but I'm up to the task.

As I step into this new role as a Modern Mom, I am excited to see how I will manage to keep my career on track, nurture and care for my baby and keep my entrepeneurship afloat (I've had to hire staff!). I have no clue what I'm doing, as they don't write manuals for this stuff. But, I do believe that I am an awesome person and will figure out how to get it done. We'll see!

2 Comments:

GFS said...

You most certainly are fabulous! You will do great!

DaVida Chanel said...

You will be just fine and we'll all be here to read and support!!! (And for the record, I'm not that mature ... I'm kinda fakin it b/c I know you need some bonding time w/the little miss. LOL! As soon as I'm able to visit, you'll see!!!)

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online