Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Monday!

Ah, Monday. Funny, now that my career has switched gears and I have a job that I absolutely adore, I don't dread Mondays like I used to. I actually don't mind coming to work on Monday (or any other day, for that matter).

Saturday, I went to a lovely 2-hour hip openers work shop at Samarya. It was such a release to spend so much time focusing on that area and my 2nd chakra. With my anxiety about the miscarriage, rising gas and food costs, and my dead social life, it was good to release the tension and calm myself down. It was also a great way to wrap up the first week of my 21-day cleanse.

After yoga, I treated myself to a spa day at Hot House Spa. Hubby sponsored my 1-hour massage by Deb which was absolute bliss! She wrapped things up with a scalp and facial massage that was almost orgasmic. Or maybe it felt so good because my 2nd chakra was still very much alive and well from the workshop. Whichever. It was amazing. For the next 2 hours, I lazily rotated from the hot tub, to the sauna - relaxing, by lying on the edge of the hot tub in between. Dosing in and out of consciousness. I finished my spa day with a cold plunge to make sure I was awake enough to drive back to the Eastside.

The rest of the day was spent lounging at home. Reading a book and watching the rain patter on the lake. A perfect Saturday.

The only problem is that I was RUINED for any kind of activity Sunday. It was like I had taken a sedative once I fell asleep. I slept for nearly 12 hours, completely missing church and my beloved Sunday Ashtanga class. I spent the evening with Figaro on the beach chasing lake clams in the sand.

Not bad for a weekend.

1 Comment:

DaVida Chanel said...

Sounds like a PERFECT weekend!!!!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online