Monday, November 24, 2008

Any dream interpreters out there?

I have been having the weirdest dreams lately. The pregnancy books mention that the unusual hormone levels can often cause this, so I'm not worried. Normal, unpregnant Karla already has crazy, vivid dreams that I remember like movies when I wake up. However, lately, they are super weird and more real people are involved (usually my dreams are filled with imaginary friends or people I am no longer in contact with).

Saturday night, I dreamt that my dad passed away while I was home for a visit. A sudden death. I remember feeling an extreme heaviness and depression, but not necessarily being sad or angry. Weird!

Sunday night, I dreamt that hubby and I crashed into a young woman's car while we were visiting some other place. Apparently, the law of this place is that if you cause an accident (even if noone gets hurt) you must be punished by death. So, after the cars were towed and we made sure everyone was okay, we waited at our guest house for the police to show - which they did - and inform us of the day of our demise. On death day, my friend took me to my favorite place for breakfast and I remember thinking as I enjoyed my ham, bacon and cheese omelet that in a few hours I'd be dead.

One common thread in both dreams is that my cousin J showed up after bad news was delivered and took care of things - making phone calls and arrangements, making sure I ate and bathed, etc.

Clearly, J is my guiding light, but I don't understand the rest of it. Any clues? Dream readers, help me out here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

From my favorite dream website:
Death
To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.�

To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.

DaVida Chanel said...

I always heard growing up that if you dreamt the death of a man, someone would give birth to a daughter. The death of a woman indicates birth of a son. They'd also say that if you dream births then deaths of the opposite genders occur. My source is years of listening to the conversations of elder relatives.

Karla said...

I like that. I'm already convinced we're having a little girl anyway.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online