Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm always conflicted about Thanksgiving. I don't appreciate the historical origins of the holiday because of the settlers treatment of Native Americans. However, in recent years, I don't appreciate how Native Americans are treating Black Indians so that dampens my initial sympathy a little bit.

Yet, no matter how I feel about that whole bit, I relish the idea of having a holiday devoted solely to being thankful for all of one's blessings.

So, in the honor of the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are a few things I'm thankful for this year:

1) My loving and supportive family
2) That dinner will be catered by Safeway (read: I don't have to cook a thing!)
3) My little circle of friends
4) An end in sight for the current presidential administration
5) This chocolate bun I've got in my oven
6) A husband who rubs my feet in the evening (even if he did snatch the covers last night)

What are you thankful for?

2 Comments:

DaVida Chanel said...

I am thankful for so much but mostly for my circle of REAL and TRUE friends like yourself!!!!

Anthonia said...

My family, my boyfriend and his family who I spent the holidays with, and my admission to Northwestern Journalism School... I feel like I'm going somewhere now.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online