Monday, March 23, 2009

Relaxed and refreshed!

My husband is awesome. He sent me an email Thursday afternoon with the confirmation # and check-in/out times for an overnight stay in a very fancy hotel suite this weekend. When I called to ask him the reason for this romantic getaway, he told me that it was for me - by myself - because he thought I deserved the rest. And you know what? I did! I packed a very small bag with necessities only, a novel I've been meaning to start and my pregnancy scrapbook and headed out Saturday afternoon. The first thing I did was bolster myself on all 6 pillows on the bed and sleep for an hour. My hubby came by and took me out to dinner, then politely dropped me back off, took of my shoes for me, got me settled on the couch, and went back home to hang with Figaro for the rest of the night. I spent my hours sleeping, reading, cutting/pasting and watching the NCAA tourny. It was bliss and I am blessed to have a guy like that.

Today, its back to real life. Back to work. No more room service. No more maid service. No more made-to-order breakfast (made by someone else). But, I feel rested and renewed and am ready to tackle the week!

So, what have you done to honor yourself, or how have you been honored by a loved one lately?

Oh! You would never guess, but I absolutely lurve wrestling. Not WWF wrestling, the real deal greco-roman wrestling. Fell in with it in highschool when my cheering activities required attendance at matches and never got over it. I happened to catch the final match of the NCAA wrestling tourny on Saturday and watched a brutha from NC State take the 149lb title. It was a history-making moment and I was proud to have witnessed it.

4 Comments:

GFS said...

awwww....I love your hubby for that!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

To recognize that we all need a little alone time to rejuvenate shows a true sign of maturity and love. Your husband is a dear! Glad to hear you're feeling better rested and refreshed!

DaVida Chanel said...

You are so w/the PERFECT guy for you!!! How awesome!! Hmmm, as far as honoring myself I've been taking some time out for that - SOOOOOO necessary!!!

Karla said...

He is pretty great!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online