Tuesday, May 20, 2008

You Gotta Have Friends

Friends are invaluable.

I think this move to Seattle will probably be my last relocation for quite a while (I hope!) Prior to this, I darted around a lot. To Houston for college – with stays in OKC and Austin in between. To Indiana for grad school. To Smithville, then Bastrop during my post-doc. Then across the country to Washington State.

Because of this, I have friends all over the country (and a few scattered around the globe). That’s very cool. But, each time I move, I leave my “local” friends behind. I miss their company, for sure…but I also miss the little amenities that each friend brings to make my life better.

As we approach the end of May (this is traditionally “moving season” for me), I want to acknowledge some of the little details I took for granted about my friends that I am really missing now that I live near NOONE.

~Christy can unravel a snaggled mess of tangled necklaces in about 5 minutes.
~Angel can be dressed and ready to go from the time it takes me to drive the 3 blocks to her house.
~Jewel can tame my hair into styles I never thought were possible.
~Josey will rearrange her plans to go have some impromptu fun.
~DaVida will pimp the parking lot with me and have fun doing it.
~Damion will ignore his ringing phone to listen to my problems.
~Rachele is always down for happy hour. Always.

I miss you guys!

3 Comments:

DaVida Chanel said...

Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

OK maybe I'm just an emotional mess right now...but thanks for making me tear up at work. LOL! Seriously though, I love you and miss you terribly. Looking forward to the reunion already. In fact, only 121 days til we're all together for that impromptu fun. Let the countdown begin!!

Karla said...

I don't think it counts as impromptu when you count it down. LOL! Can't wait!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online