Monday, December 8, 2008

A snapshot from my awesome childhood


This is a picture of me and my dad, circa 1981 in the field across the street from my grandmother's house. This is my favorite picture. My mom took this (she is such an amazing photographer). I think this photo captures the essence of my early childhood. I'm hanging out with my family do something extremely simple, but most likely having the time of my life.

This little girl is now expecting a little one of her own, my dad long ago ditched the Member's Only jacket and tight jeans and my mom rarely has the time to find and capture moments as beautiful as this. This picture is my little reminder of a time when things weren't complicated and my only care in the world was keeping this kite from crashing to the ground. And, as always, my mom was there to catch my moment of success and dad is cheering me on.

3 Comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

That photo is awesome. Amazing that you've captured here for us to see. Thank you!

DaVida Chanel said...

Beautiful!

GFS said...

awwwwww! This is too cute

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online