Thursday, January 3, 2008

What's with the "high waters"?

Why do people in this area wear their pants so short? I can see the ankle opening of everyone's tennis/hiking/cross-training shoe. I know it rains alot and maybe there's some concern about wet hems - but I would NEVER sacrifice good fashion practice for dry pants legs. Geesh! Just wear capris or flood pants if its that important to you!

I stopped by campus to check out my new digs before I start my new career on Monday. Got outfitted with an office, parking permit (free! can you believe it Purdue and TMC friends?) and a secretary (woo-hoo!). Met some more of my co-workers (who all seem very sweet). There are some other Okies on the floor - go figure.

So, I guess this is it. A new place, a new job, a new life. No chance of running into ex-boyfriends or college/high-school classmates. No quick jaunts to old haunts to recapture my 20s, if only for an hour or three. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and finding new hangout places to call home. But, the Hot Girls and Tiki Bob's or Breakfast Club are a hard act to follow. Anyway, with all this bad fashion going on in East Seattle, I don't know if I'm so quick to fall into any gangs around here. We'll see. Surely there's some hot girls (lower case 'h', lower case 'g' - yes, there is a difference) looking to cause a little trouble somewhere around here.

The movers will be dropping our things off tomorrow. Now, if only my car would ever arrive.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about not being able to find another Hot Girl group. But I've got faith that you'll find a gaggle of people to help entertain you during the day-to-day drudgery we call work. :) Glad to know that you're getting settled. AND even happier to hear that you are NOT going to succomb to bad fashion. If you start wearing short pants, next thing you know you'll be telling us all that french rolling your pants legs is back in. OH THE HORROR!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Karla, don't let me catch you showing off your ankles in a couple months. LOL! I'm so happy for you - new beginnings at the beggining of a new year - NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karla said...

I couldn't bare to call myself a Hot Girl if I did such a thing. High waters?! That is so neon socks and rolled pants!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online